Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 9

A particular reason that I'm overly excited to go to San Diego this time is that I know when I get back I'll be done with the cleanse and that I'll also have my body adjusted to my usual diet (which will be different from that point on). It probably wasn't the best idea to do the cleanse during the San Diego con but it's just made it slighly more challenging, not impossible.

I lost my water-bottle on the subway. I figured I might since it was hanging out of my bag. By the time I realized it was gone, the train was long gone. I got some bottled water, which the book rails against at great length, but it was either that or be dehyrdated and I figured non-filtered water would be better than nothing, since I wouldn't be able to filter any for at least another three hours. There are probably worse things (and I'll probably go back to bottled water on Thursday, my first day of getting my system adjusted to a normal diet, since that will be most convenient and since the book doesn't say anything against it).

The bottle of maple syrup hasn't come open or fallen on its side and yet I can still smell it. Though that could also be the smell of it -- and the toxins -- coming out through my body.

What my brother smelled the other day in the apartment might have been the discarded, moldy, squeezed lemons that had been sitting in the trash during the hot part of the day.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if in these diets where you eat horrible things, the secret is that in eating or drinking this crap, it's supposed to make you throw up what you've taken in and that makes you consume less.

Secret #1 (in the interest of being totally honest on this): My sex-drive wasn't affected early on (when I needed it) but later on it went away a little bit, though that could have been for a number of reasons (having other stuff on my mind, being too busy to think about it, etc.)

Secret #2: I shit myself only once. I thought it was a fart but then a very tiny bit of poop came out. It was all water so it was wiped off easily and I cleaned the shorts I was wearing. Yeah, you've never done anything embarassing either.

(This was written at the time it says it was posted but it was actually posted a day later.)

No comments: