Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jason's E-Mail

I've made mention of the e-mail from Cousin Jason, sent last Monday, my first day on the cleanse. Jason has been a well-known and well-respected respiratory therapist so he has a medical background and he's been a very good friend of mine since high school. I got this e-mail early in the day but didn't check it until the evening. (There were paragraph indents but they didn't come through in this blog format. However, the rest of it is completely unedited):
First of all and I want you to put this up on your site. You are screwing with shit that can kill you. Did you have an EKG, CBC, and a Chem 7 done before starting this? Are you having a Chem 7 done daily while you are on this? Did you have a Doctor do a physical? You are messing with the Chemical Balance in your body and fucking it up and you are doing it on purpose. Mar, this can seriously fuck you up in ways you couldn't even begin to comprehend. Salt draws water out of the body. In essence all that water that you are shitting out is indeed water coming from the inside of your body. It's water being drawn from your Kidney's and Liver to be exact. You are basically dehydrating yourself, what's worse is you are intentially increasing the PH levels in your body, and putting undue stress on your Liver and Kidney's the likes that could make them fail. You are fucking with the electrolytes that make your heart go boom boom. You have a friend here that you can discuss these ideas with and tell you the right way on going about it. You have a daughter to think of now and she needs her Dad. Everytime you put that Salt stuff in your body it draws electrolytes and water from the inside of your body. You are also artifically increasing the salt content of your body. Here is what is happening. You drink the salt mixture. It goes down to your stomach where it mixes with the acid in your stomach. Your stomach doesn't like the salt so it forces it out where it then mixes with the bile. Now your stomach is really upset and shoots the salt/bile/acid mixture down further where the salt binds on the intestinal wall. This draws water out of the blood system but also increases the salt in your blood. Your system then sends this highly saturated Blood/Salt mixture to your Liver and Kidneys where it tries to filter it out. But to do this it has to move more water from the surrounding area to dilute the salt. This dries out the Kidney Cells and Liver Cells thus killing them and forcing them to into an already stressed situation. In your intestinal track the salt has now drawn out enough fluids to keep moving down the road. This highly accidic salt mixture keeps drawing more and more fluid till it finally comes out. When it does it removes a significant portion of the Acid that regulates your body. Now you are in what is called a Metabolic Alkalosis which has significant effects on your Respiratory drive, your Immune system, and even how you think and act. Your immune system won't work right so you are going to begin feeling like shit because your body is being attacked. Your body can't regulate your normal cooling system right so the sweat ducts become clogged and you break out. Your bodies normal steroids get all out of whack and even enhances this. You smell like crap because in essence you are slowly dying. The electrolytes that help your brain communicate to the nervous system begin to missfire because you have artificially increased the salt content of your body while lowering the Chloride and Potassium. Now it's all out of whack and begins to try to balance itself. Your not breathing normal because your Respiratory drive is trying to slow down your breathing so your body can get back to a normal Ph. Dude and there is so much more. Go see a real Doctor. Discuss with him this diet. He'll probably tell you what I am saying above but if you insist then at least you can keep track of what is really going on and if you end up in the ER because you have heart palpatations they know what to do to help fix you. Why didn't you just go buy a gun and 5 bullets and every night put one in, hold up the gun to your head, and squeeze the trigger. It would of been less painful. You have a friend here who knows more about Blood Levels, the Respiratory System, the Hematicrit System, than most Doctors, and you never thought to send him a tell to discuss if this was a good idea? Go see a Doctor and tell him what you are doing before you really fuck up your system. You may just come out OK but there is a good chance you may end up in the ICU with a tube down your throat. As you can tell I'm pretty upset. Knowing that one of my friends maybe killing themselves doesn't sit well with me.
I admit that I didn't check with a doctor before I started this, as they always recommend seeing a doctor before starting any diet. My family has no ailments that I know of, especially any heart conditions. I figured I was okay to do this cleanse but honestly I didn't give it a lot of thought or research before jumping into it.
Jason's main concern seems to be the amount of salt I was taking but it's not like I was drinking the salt-water mixture all day; the amount of salt I was taking in (two or three teaspoons) was less than a pack of ramen or how much I put on my popcorn. I talked to Jason after this and he calmed a bit and we both seemed to understand where the other was coming from. He admitted he came on a bit strong and I admitted I probably should have seen a doctor. But this e-mail from him really freaked me out, especially having gotten it near the end of the first day when I was hungriest and when my body chemistry started getting out of whack. But talking to my doctor friend the next day helped and I've stayed on track and I've gotten through it fine. But I'll say this if you're considering doing this cleanse: See a doctor first.

No comments: