Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recovery, Catching Up

Sunday went well. I had a banana around noon when I was walking into the convention, and had an organic, multi-grain hot pretzel that tasted like cardboard but that was the first real bread I’d had in almost two weeks. When I was almost done I got a sharp but minor pain near where I think my abdomen is but it went away. Figure it was my body trying to digest something it had forgotten. That evening I had a late lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, around 6, that was a great veggie-burger and a salad (I had forgotten the joys of honey-mustard dressing). I had some onion rings with that but I didn’t think it was the greatest crime, and I didn’t feel any distress with digesting it all. The fruit smoothie I had was probably more sugar than I should have had but if that was it, I’m probably doing okay.

Later that evening, around 10:30, I had a dinner, at Denny’s, of a veggie-burger as a steak, with lots of ketchup, and vegetable rice (since they didn’t have mashed potatoes, which is the reason I went), corn (which tastes incredibly plain without butter or salt), and a biscuit. Went to sleep a few hours after that so it wasn’t just before bed.

Yesterday was pretty much back to the old diet, but still trying to stay away from meat and dairy. I went to a movie and had some popcorn and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be without salt and butter (movie popcorn being such an evil for me I consider it a vice). After that was a lunch at Panda Express and no meat and no fried rice (though white rice isn’t too much better) and spring rolls (which are horribly fried and the crappy hot mustard doesn’t make it too much worth it) and egg flower soup (probably mostly corn syrup). When I got home I had two peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, one of the things I was dying for through the cleanse, and some tortilla chips I’d forgotten I had. (Tortilla chips really aren’t much better for you then Doritos so I’m going to try to curb myself from those, too.)

Today is a banana so far and I don’t have anything else planned so I’ll see how it goes. Tomorrow will be back to meat and dairy and I’m going to start the day with a bowl of cereal, probably Grape-Nuts.

No, I’m not going to detail every thing I eat from this point. I’m just letting you know where I am as I settle back into a life with a more normal diet (though I’m actively trying to make it better than it’s been before).

I also went running today for the first time since before the cleanse and it was a great feeling. The only exercise I’ve had in the last two weeks was walking around the convention center, which was certainly being active, but not enough to make you sweat (depending on who you are and where you are in the convention center). I’m glad to be able to run again, especially now when the weather is really nice.


I'm also home now again so I'll be doing these last few entries and updates on a more regular basis.

No comments: