Monday, July 14, 2008

Reasons

One of the things the book says to do is make a list of reasons to do the cleanse. Having this list available is supposed to be a good reminder of why I'm doing the cleanse and would keep me on track but I had the reasons in mind and I knew I was going to carry through with it anyway. But here's my list anyway (roughly in this order):
1. To be healthier.
2. To say I did it.
3. Just to see what happens.
4. To see if it works.
5. If it works, to be able to recommend it to my friends and family, who probably need it more than I do.
6. The challenge of doing it.
7. To have a mission during my time off.
8. To stop myself from eating junk food for at least 10 days.
9. To get myself on a better diet in the long-term.
10. To prove to myself that I can actually stop eating junk food for at least 10 days.
11. Because Brian works out a lot and I'm envious of his getting in shape. Why should he be able to wear 34-waist jeans and not me?
12. To better appreciate food once I can start eating again.
13. To torture myself. Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
14. To lose weight. (Please note how far down the list this is.)

No comments: