Monday, July 14, 2008

First Salt-Water

First salt-water done. That wasn’t so bad. Or bad at all. The book (more on that in a minute) says to put 1 teaspoon of saltwater in 25-30 ounces of water. For some reason, I thought it was 2 teaspoons (or even tablespoons, like in the lemonade mixture) so I went ahead and had 2 heaping teaspoons and drank that down. Pretty easy. And I’m done with that part for the day.

Turns out 30 ounces is the same as one of the tumblers I drink out of (if you’ve ever seen me at work or at my computer, you’ve seen one of these tumblers. I bought a bunch of them from the 99 Cents Only Store years ago). And if I have to drink only two or three of those for the lemonade mixture throughout the day, that’s not going to be a big deal. It’s not a lot to drink, and the book says only 60-120 ounces of the lemonade drink, so I guess I can only have four tumblers of those, max. I drink that much water when I’m just here alone during the day, at least.

I drove back from Riverside last night after hanging out with a friend (more on that friend and more on that evening in a bit) and went to Vons, getting there about 10 to 2 in the morning (not an unusual time for me to go by there). I got the sea-salt and the cayenne pepper but they had no organic lemons. Of course they have to be organic. I was planning on going to Whole Foods today to get the Smooth Move stuff as well as the rest of my supplies so I’ll have to get the lemons there. No big deal. I’m sure they’ll have them. And there might even be some people there I can ask about this diet since I’m sure they’ve seen it before. I also forgot to get one of those things to juice fruit with so I’ll have to go by Vons again.

Some concern if I got the right salt. It’s sea-salt, alright. The bottle says “Sea Salt Fine Crystals” but not much other information. “This Salt Does Not Supply Iodide, A Necessary Nutrient” also, and “Naturally White Salt” and “Ingredients: Sea Salt: Magnesia, Anti-Caking Agent, E535.” Baleine brand. That was the best they had at the Vons. If there was anything else available, it wasn’t there.

The book is really harsh on getting the right filter for the water. With as much water as you have to put down for this thing, this doesn’t surprise me and I understand. It says that you can’t use tap water, of course, and it even says that bottled water is bad. Even filtered water at from store doesn’t have the right kind of filtering. It recommends a certain kind of home-filtering system but I don’t have it and I don’t have the time to get it. It doesn’t say anything about Brita filters but that’s what I have and that’s what I’m going to use. I cleaned mine last night and put a new filter in it so it’s as ready to go as it’s going to get. The idea, of course, is to clean your body of toxins so it doesn’t make sense if you’re putting toxins back in, through the water. The tap water here in my apartment is infamously bad. But it’s all I have. Maybe if I get enough energy from this diet like it says I’m going to get, I’ll write that letter to the owner.

I can’t get have the lemonade mixture now because I don’t have the lemons but I’m drinking water, which I have to do anyway, so I think that’s fine.

The salt-water left me full. I suppose I could say I’m hungry right now but that’s because I woke up with an empty stomach. This often happens. And even though I’m hungry, I really, truly do not feel like eating, a state which happens every day. It takes me at least a few hours after waking up to feel like eating at all, this is a usual thing.

I’m about to have my first poop. This one was brewing already as I woke up so I doubt the salt-water mixture worked/works that fast.

And in case I’m pooping a lot: Currently I have in the bathroom the October 2007 issue of Spin.

No comments: