Monday, July 14, 2008

The Mixture

What I mixed:
About 28 ounces of water
4 juiced lemons (juiced hard, and I put some of the pulp in with it)
2 heaping tablespoons of the maple syrup, so probably closer to 3
Probably about half a teaspoon of the cayenne pepper

The verdict:
It’s not too bad. I’ve had worse. It’s a bit like the aftertaste you’d have after having orange juice and pancakes. I’ll probably put in less cayenne pepper next time but for this it’s got a nice kick to it.

I don’t usually take notice of how much time it takes to drink a tumbler of 30 ounces of water. I may drink this stuff faster, I may drink it slower. I may not drink it as much as I do water because I’m not doing it casually. If I have to have 60 ounces of this at a minimum, I have to have another one of these before the end of the day. Maybe another one on top of that. Tomorrow I can pace it better because I have the stuff to make it in the morning. I was told that you can mix the herbal tea with it but I think the taste is fine for now. I might save the tea to drink warm so that can be my one hot meal for the day. (Having at least one warm meal a day helps fight depression.)

Not so hungry anymore but it’s certainly not filling as, say, something else. (Not mentioning specific food here, just in case.) And it’s not making me poop. Not yet, at least.

Update: Between beginning and finishing this entry, I drank more than half of it.

No comments: