Friday, July 18, 2008

End Of Day 4

I didn’t go for a walk tonight but I did take a bath (at 11:30). Bathing with Epsom salt isn’t as nice as bathing in bubbles. And a hot bath when the rest of the apartment is hot (since it’s, you know, summer in California) isn’t as comfortable as I would like but at least I bathed today.

I had a mixture around 10 when I got off the couch, a wheatgrass tablet a bit after that, and had some peppermint tea a little bit ago. Peppermint tea might not be the exact thing for me but maybe after I’m done with the cleanse I’ll find some other kind of tea to have, especially since it’s a natural digestion aid.

I’ve been getting that thing that happens when I eat spicy food (and Grape-Nuts, for some reason) where acid comes up from the back of my throat, from the cayenne pepper in the mixture. You add the pepper to taste and I usually put a lot because I like the kick and because I can’t measure 1/10 of a teaspoon but maybe I should pull back a bit. It might be acid-reflux but I’m not sure.

A certain thing has happened on this cleanse while I’m on my computer: I’m not reading as much. When I eat here in my home, I’m in front of my computer and usually, since I only have so much room on this desk, I put the keyboard out of the way and read some kind of article while I’m eating. Once I’m done eating, I’ll usually keep reading to the end of the article or I’ll read some other stuff so I can relax. But since I’m not eating, I’m not reading nearly as much. I would have thought, in advance, that that might happen, but I’m actually down to reading almost zero. Though that also means that I must be doing something while I’m sitting at the computer and I hope I can say that that’s a lot of e-mail these days (since it’s my ongoing challenge to catch up on that). It’s probably not advisable to sit at my computer while I’m trying to not eat, since sitting at the computer will remind me of eating, but things need doing.

Now it’s to bed (well, couch) shortly and then tomorrow, another day of salt-water, watery poops, and, of course, not eating.

No comments: